Messages from the Universe

2.2.2016 | 00:27

Or something….

You know how sometimes you get “messages from the Universe”?  Those subtle hints that you should do this, or avoid that … and you ignore them, doing what your head tells you instead?

Then the Universe smacks you upside the head (as we say here in the South) because you weren’t listening to its Infinite Wisdom.

Well, there’s another kind of message from the universe….

I’m not one of those people who makes every decision based on my astrological birth chart, or checks my horoscope every day.

For one thing, I don’t have the time.

(That said, I am 100% Sagittarius – ask anyone who knows me well – with a definite Taurus rising.  Stubborn, much?  My dad was a Taurus, and I’ve got a bit of that in the ol’ birth chart, for sure.  No, really – trust me, it explains a lot….)

Horoscope circle

But whatever you think of astrology or astronomy, whether you believe we were all created from Stardust left over from the Big Bang, or how connected you think we are to the Universal Macrocosm, sometimes….

Sometimes you just can’t avoid those astronomical events.

Take Mercury in Retrograde.

This is generally a time when things go wrong.  For serious students of astrology – no, I don’t personally consider that an oxymoron – this is not the time to start new ventures.

Mercury was in Retrograde for most of the month of January.

Depositphotos_Mercury

And guess what?

I was “stuck.”

I couldn’t seem to get anything done in regards to my business – I had no focus, no motivation.  And I couldn’t figure it out….

It seemed like everyone in my professional Facebook groups was going through something similar:

We were all having issues with technology, no one was making any progress with their business goals….

None of us seemed to be moving forward.

Then I remembered that someone had posted the dates for Mercury in Retrograde for the year.

I had made myself a note of them, just so I’d know when it would not be a good time to launch a program….

I checked the little Post-It note beside my computer.

Sure enough, January 5th through January 25th – Mercury in Retrograde.

*sigh*

Believe it or don’t; it’s your decision.

But….

Just so you know, I’ve been going gang-busters the past week.

Depositphotos_Progress_2

I started making progress on my business goals – and seemingly without effort, without struggle – and I cleaned out a bunch of clutter on my hard-drive.  I had a backlog of emails – articles I’d been meaning to read, podcasts I wanted to hear, and videos I’d been intending to watch….

I completed a very large module for one of my online programs….

I got through several videos for two different summits I’d purchased over the past couple of years….

So if you think astrology is just something for gullible wingnuts, well, you’re entitled to your opinion.

After the stagnation I experienced for the past month?

Done replacing To do, concept of getting things done and not waiting

You can just refer to me as your friendly neighborhood gullible wingnut….

I can live with that.

February 2, 2016 | 1:35 pm

Not that I have not been busy but there was certainly something which became unstuck in the past days. Thanks for reminding me of the divine powers and hope there are only upward flowing energies for the rest of the year. Greetings from a Taurus

February 3, 2016 | 1:37 am

Andrea — I think this Mercury thing was hitting a LOT of people! We should be good for a few months now, at least. Nice to meet a Taurus — like Diane, I’ve got Taurus rising, though my sun sign is Pisces. Debra

2. Donna
    February 2, 2016 | 7:00 pm

Hahaha! I am a Taurus Sun. I can only imagine the back and forth energy you have which could be ultimately confusing as you have Taurus the grounded earthy bull and then you have Sagittarius the firery archer that loves freedom and flying everywhere, what a dichotomy!!

February 3, 2016 | 1:39 am

Donna — Like Diane, I’m Taurus rising, with a sun sign of Pisces. Quite another combo, lol. Thanks for the comment! Debra

February 2, 2016 | 7:07 pm

I’ve had a rough last couple of weeks. This makes sense. Thank you

February 3, 2016 | 1:39 am

Jace — A lot of us have been saying that. Sometimes, the astrology does make sense. Debra

4. Steph
    February 3, 2016 | 3:54 pm

I was really feeling it too! I would hate to blame all my problems on the cosmos but this time, maybe just this time…

February 4, 2016 | 12:49 am

Steph — Sometimes, we’ve just gotta blame the planetary alignments…. Or, one of my explanations for tech issues — sunspot activity. Debra 🙂

February 3, 2016 | 7:32 pm

Nicely written! Something subconsciously has been swaying me from moving forward with my program launch. I’ve focused on the less technical aspects of writing, eating well, exercising and organization. I certainly experienced a few glitches with my digital life and in a few other areas as well. But I’m a Taurus born in the year of the Ox, so I just put my head down and ploughed on….sometimes I only realize I’m not getting traction when I stop to philosophize.

February 4, 2016 | 12:51 am

Brad — Thanks for the feedback. We can certainly commiserate with your recent challenges! Funny how we didn’t realize just how stuck we were until Diane checked her list for Mercury’s retrograde periods for 2016. Debra